Friday, June 25, 2010

Guest Author April Vine

Today we welcome Cape Tonian April Vine to the SA Romance blog. Her latest release, Intrigue in India, released a week ago through The Wild Rose Press, and she's visiting us today to talk about herself and this novel. I'll hand over to April ...

I write no holds barred erotic romance by night and I'm a mother to two boys and wife to one very tolerant husband by day. My sole ambition in life is to ensure my mother never discovers my pseudonym! I have an unhealthy interest in shoes and I live between the sultry mountains of South Africa where, coupled with chocolate, day dreaming comes easy.

My latest erotic romance, Intrigue in India, comes from The Wild Rose Press Destination Pleasure Series. It’s set in Delhi and features passionate paybacks and hot arranged marriages. I started writing this story backwards. As an incurable pantster, I only had the very last line in mind and had to create characters and a situation to make that last line possible. Lucky for me Rajeev and Haley were quite willing and accommodating.


Here’s the blurb:

“All you have to do is disguise yourself, pretend to be me, go to India and meet the man I’m supposed to marry. By the time he realizes you’re not me, I’ll have already eloped…”

After a break up with her boyfriend, Haley Kent agrees to her best friend, Anjali’s madcap plan, hoping mystical India will help her find inner peace. Instead Anjali’s arranged future husband turns out to be a gorgeous Indian God with a touch that scorches.

Rajeev Yuvaraj refuses to be outsmarted by the sexy, blonde, blue-eyed American and devises his own retribution. A bride is what he expected and a bride is what he would get even if it meant handcuffing Haley to his wrist during the marriage ceremony.

But when Haley discovers the true nature of his secret scheme, can Rajeev seduce her back into his arms again?

And an excerpt: 

She yanked the hand cuffed to his wrist. An unnecessary precaution to keep her from fleeing, as the opulent red and gold bridal sari she kicked and screamed her way into, the layers of pure gold jewelry and the tons of flowers threaded through her long blonde hair ensured she stayed rooted to the ground next to him.
She glanced up at him. “Yes, we deceived you, and I’m sorry for that. She had no other option out of this arranged marriage with you. Her parents watch her every move. She had no choice. But what you’ve done in return is unjustified.”
“Unjustified?” he asked, effortlessly hauling her up flush against his body. The impact slowed her senses, his cologne teased her nerves and his nearness suspended her breath. She swayed and his hand spanned the small of her back, keeping her steady. Her nipples hardened and liquid warmth spread throughout her body. She jerked away from him, her brows drawing together. What had come over her? She’d never felt faint a day in her life.
He tugged her back. “Impersonating my fiancĂ©e while she is traipsing the world with her lover and leaving me for the fool requires due payback, as you Americans would say. I expected a bride and a bride is what I will have. Again, it is within your power to end this immediately. Tell me where Anjali is.”
Haley shook her head, still feeling lightheaded—she blamed it on the situation, the Indian air. Not the man beside her.
Oh, Anjali, what have you gotten me into? Yet, betraying Anjali’s friendship remained out of the question. There had to be another way out of this marriage. She had to think, remain passive, let him think he’d won before she struck back and escaped.
“What is it going to be, Haley? This is your last chance. Freedom for Anjali’s whereabouts or…”
“Go to hell.”
“Indeed.” He smiled dazzlingly at her and then briskly instructed the priest to get on with it, in English, for her benefit no doubt.

Thank you so much for hosting me, Romy.

Reviews:

Night Owl Reviews: A reviewers Top Pick - 4.5 stars.
Romance Junkies: 5 Blue Ribbons

Congratulations on your new release, April. 

If you'd like to buy April's book, click here, and here are the links to April's website and blog.

5 comments:

  1. April, glad to see that your latest release got such terrific reviews. Writing hot erotic romance is so difficult and it's great news that a South African writer is multi-published in this genre. Keep it up! (the writing, I mean. Nothing else. I *really* wasn't thinking of anything else. Keep the writing up, that's what I meant!)
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, Judy, your mind - gutter

    April, what an interesting setting! Your books sounds great and congrats on those stunning reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, pressed the "post" button too soon. Wanted to add that, by your pen-name, do you by chance live in near the vineyards in Stellenbosch or Paarl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Judy
    Yes, writing erotic romance IS difficult but I've always seemed inclined to doing things the hard way ; )
    Thank you so much for coming by! Hope you're well and revised!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Claire
    It's great to meet you!
    Thanks for stopping over. And yes, I do live amongst vineyards,that's how I get my writing done... and of course it's very scenic :)

    ReplyDelete