Thursday, October 29, 2009

NaNo Kick-off

With just three days to go to the start of NaNoWriMo, I hope by now you've got at least a rough idea of what you're going to be writing.

If not, here's a short checklist:
  • What type of novel are you writing - paranormal, chick lit, suspense etc?
  • Do you know your characters? And not just their names but an idea of who they are as people, their backgrounds, their goals etc.
  • Where is your novel set?
  • What are the major conflicts that will keep your hero and heroine apart?
Okay, now you're ready to get started. Or are you?

I highly recommend that in the next three days you clear your desk, do your filing, clear out the cupboards, and get that spring cleaning done. Finish any task that you might grab as an excuse not to write during November.

There are kick-off meets around the country this week-end, so if you want to join in and meet like-minded people and get inspired, take a look at the calendar at http://www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node%252F259. If you're in Jo'burg I look forward to meeting you at the Mugg & Bean in Melville on Sunday.

2 comments:

  1. That's some sound advice Romy! Good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent the last week submitting all my book and story reviews I owe for the next month, and pre-drating some blog posts for my blogs.

    Now I just need to figure out what the novel is going to be. :-)

    D7

    ReplyDelete