What keeps a book intriguing enough to have fans turn the pages and not set it down? How can one author’s books have you riveted and another’s leave you feeling ho-hum? Ever wondered if there are key craft tips and techniques to balance fast-paced conflict, tension, suspense or mystery, action and emotion? In PACING: HOW TO CREATE A PAGE TURNING MANUSCRIPT you’ll learn:
* The ingredients of a page turner
* What hooks are and how to maximize them
* The power of effective scenes: common pacing pitfalls to avoid
* The ten elements of strong pacing
* How to use subplots and secondary characters
* How to avoid a sagging middle
* Learning what a beat is and how to use it
* Great beginnings and endings that have your readers wanting more!
Mary Buckham is co-author of BREAK INTO FICTION: 11 Steps to Building a Story
That Sells and an award-winning romantic suspense author. She has a
non-fiction book and hundreds of free-lance articles to her credit, and is a
former magazine editor. Currently she presents writing workshops online
and around the country. Mary encourages you to visit her website at www.MaryBuckham.com for
more information about her and her current writing projects.
In an effort to really get to know each other, we thought it would be a good idea to publish a series of interviews with fellow ROSA memb...
Most Popular Posts
Erica Taylor, one of our ROSA members who attended #ROSACon16 and a session by Joss Wood on Conflict, has kindly shared her thoug...
We at ROSA are delighted to announce the launch of the Imbali Award, an award that recognises and rewards excellence in romance writing. Imb...
Happy Valentine's Day ROSA writers! My first book for Ankara Press comes out today - "a different kind of romance" - check ...